Copyright 2013 historicocala.org | All Rights Reserved.
The Historic Ocala Preservation
Society, commonly referred to as
HOPS, was founded and incorporated
Our Mission Statement: To discover,
conserve, preserve and memorialize
the history and architecture of Ocala
and Marion County, Florida; a citizen's
action organization for the purpose of
conservation and preservation.
HOPS is a a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to the
heritage education of the community and the perservation of historic
structures and sites in the Ocala Historic Districts.
Over the past twenty-two years HOPS has contributed greatly to
preservation through various programs and projects, including:
* The Formation of the four historic districts, Ocala, Tuscawilla
Park, Downtown and supported the formation of West Ocala Historic
* Construction of the Ocala and Tuscawilla Park Districts entrance
markers in a joint venture with the City of Ocala.
* Reconstruction of the Downtown Gazebo
* Partially Funded the Downtown District Survey
* Historic District Driving & Walking Tour Brochures
* Unique Historic District Street Signage
* Installation of Traffic Calming Devices
* Guided Historic Tours for Marion County Fourth Graders
* Annual Christmas Home Decorating Contest
* Quarterly Beautification Awards for Homeowners
* Restoration of the Snowden House in Tuscawilla Park
These many projects are funded primarily by proceeds received
from HOPS Tours, and by donations from hundreds of generous
citizens and businesses. Some State of Florida funds were also part
of the Snowden House Project.
Website developed by L. Bradford
Currently in the works....HOPS
has purchased an historic house
on Fort King Street and will soon
be restoring the home back to its
original glory. Stay tuned for
updates on this project!
Historic Ocala Preservation Society
PO Box 3123
Ocala, FL 34478
Photo courtesy of Gina England Photography