SOUTHEAST Historic District
The Southeast Historic District developed as a residential neighborhood between circa 1880 and 1930 and includes 172.5 acres. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. It was the most prominent residential area of Ocala through 1930 with large residences developing early along Fort King Street. Along with residential growth, churches and schools were built within the western part of the district, neighboring the downtown area. The architectural styles include Queen Anne Revival, Classic Revival, Colonial Revival, American Bungalow, and Vernacular, among others. The district is bordered to the north by Fort King Street, including structures located between Silver Springs Boulevard and Fort King Street, to the south by Eight Street, to the east by Thirteenth Avenue and to the west by Southeast Watula Avenue.